Friday, May 7, 2010

A Story

I love stories.

Always have, always will.

In fact, my Bryce just got me the complete Grimm's Brothers book of fairy tales, and I have been devouring it ever since. Everything from drops of blood talking to princesses and lost fingers that point in the direction of it's killers. Yes, grim as they are, I love em. I do love Hans Christian Anderson's as well, but there is something about the Grimm's Brothers tales that I tend to love even more.

Anyway, I want to tell you a touching story. And it's true.

The story is about a little boy named Smith. He is so strong inside but doesn't have the strength outside to do things like other boys his age. Doctors are trying to find anything they can do to help him, as they poke and prod, Smith can't help but cry, but Mom and Dad are there this time, holding his legs down and his hands down. After his grueling day, guess what Smith wants to do? He wants to smile and be spun around. Mom remembers the doctor asking her the question, "Is Smith aggressive?" Mom chuckles, "What do you mean aggressive?" Doctor replies, "Does he bite anyone, or does he show aggressive behavior at all?" Mom and Dad chuckle this time. Any one who knows Smith, knows he is the kindest, most gentle and smiley little boy. And he has another secret, there are many people praying for him and fasting for him all the time, and that makes him happy, it makes him stronger too. So the end of this story is still yet to be told, but I will have you know, it ends happily ever after, indeed.

(This is Brooke Lee, C-jones' (my bestie) sister holding Smith in California)

3 comments:

  1. Having a happy spirit is such a blessing.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bethy!!!! You make my day you are such a sweetheart. Smith's story is a happy one, I hope it has a happy "ending" or in this case beginning... if that even makes sense. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to meet your sweet lil man:)

    ReplyDelete

Be a friend Post a Comment