Friday, June 26, 2009

One of our cars is dead.
It just sits there, sad and lonely.
But, there is still stuff, good stuff, locked in the trunk of the dead car.
So one, not so sunny, afternoon, I went out to the dead car to see if I could somehow open the trunk with the old keys. With no avail, it would not budge. But, as I was walking back into my house, I was looking at the key chains and I noticed a key chain I had never before seen. I stopped and looked at it. It was brass/gold looking, with engravings and a little carving of Jesus' face. I read the engravings. It said,"BE GLAD FOR I AM IN YOUR MIDST."
I stopped.
I pondered.
I said it in my head about 3 or 4 more times,"be glad for I am in your midst."
Whatever negative, or stressful thoughts were swarming in my head at that moment or moments ago.....were gone. I was completely at peace, the kind of peace that is glad, with a slight smile on my face. To "BE GLAD". Being glad is a whole different emotion about life. The definition of Glad is :showing or causing joy and pleasure; especially made happy.
And all because He is in our midst.
His very presence causes a reason to be glad.
He is watching over us.
He is with us.
He wants us to be glad because he can lift any burden, ease any pain, love unconditionally, heal, bless, and be a comforting friend.
And that is something to "be glad" about.


3 comments:

  1. i needed that today bethy, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your great insights, everyone needs to be told that every now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you two!! Beth, I have met you once before... I was a good friend of bryce's. I got your blog address from him. I love it! You are so cute. You and Bryce are so perfect for eachother. Your boy is adorable too. I just wanted to stop by and say hi! We should keep in touch.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Be a friend Post a Comment